Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Strawberries!!! :)

Don't you all just love strawberries?! I know I do! ;) So yesterday (Tuesday)morning me, my sister, my mom, my grandma, and my toddler cousin all went strawberry picking at Pine Tree Apple Orchard.! My cousin did mostly eating. ;) We picked about 16 lbs. of strawberries.! It was really fun. :) Today we started to make strawberry jam.! We have to wash and stem and cut and measure and boil and stir and add and boil and cap and heat and cool etc.! After that you wait and do it all again because we doubled or total jam count. I made some strawberry bread.! It is in the oven currently and I hope it turns out. When we, my mom and I, decided I could make it with our freshly picked strawberries we decided I would double it. Well I put a little of this and a little into a bowl, mixed it together, and had my dry ingredients ready. Then I put double the amount of butter and eggs and suger into a bowl and mixed it together. But, it wasn't getting light and fluffy like the recipe said it would so I started to worry. I stirred it faster but nothing happened. I just checked and my bread needs 10 more minutes. Anyways, then my mom walked over and said, "Do you think that looks right because it doesn't." Or something like that. ;) I told her I didn't think so and then she said, "Did you double the recipe along with the butter?" Well that was a revolutionary thought because I never would have thought it. I am not the best baker although my friend, the blogger of my happy place, and family are. Once I had fixed that error I proceed to "fold" the strawberries in. Well it turns out I messed that up because I evidently stirred them in. Whatever. I think the bread is going to turn out. Here is the timer now.? :) ;) The four little miny pans I used are done. I also used a funny half circle pan which needs five more minutes. It smells great! :) I'll tell you how it tastes later.! ;) Pie-

No comments:

Post a Comment